Maxine Marsolini is an author of family helps books. She’s a life coach, founder of Rebuilding Families, and co-host of KRVR The River blog talk radio. She has served as the president of Oregon Christian Writers, a columnist for several small publications, and a featured writer for The Modern Woman’s Life Money Advice. Her delightful, gracious personality will not only make you smile, but have you walking away inspired! Be sure to look at her website, and listen every Monday to her blog talk radio topics.
1) What exactly is your business and what made you get started?
The word “family” would best describe what Rebuilding Families is all about. www.rebuildingfamilies.net is full of helps to move people from where they are to where they’d like to be. The simple, Christ-centered, encouraging concepts work for the individual or the family as a whole. Harmony at home is what we all want. For many the idea is far off but it doesn’t have to be.
2) What one thing do you do every day to move yourself forward and stay focused? Where do you find your inspiration?
I get up every morning and start my day with Scripture reading and prayer. A whole lot of inspiration shows up during that quiet time. Another fount of inspiration is found in people. Often they share their dreams, struggles, and faith comes forth anew.
3) What do you do regularly to take care of yourself?
I walk every morning; well almost every morning. I take time for friends and do what I can to eat healthy foods.
4) How do you keep yourself emotionally balanced while you are pushing forward?
I trust the Lord has His eye on me. Praying before the day starts really helps. Listening to Christian music.
5) What’s the best part and the worst part of your job?
The best part of what I do is seeing lives change, smiles replace sadness, and good choices replace negative behaviors. When God’s people move into their God-given potential, I get excited. The worst part of my job is to know there are answers to life’s problems and see a lack of trying. Those people give up and walk away leaving another fractured family in their wake.
6) What failure taught you the most and what was it?
Divorce and remarriage. I understand the pain people can fall into.
7) If you had to do something different, what would that be?
I’ve found where I fit best.
8) If you had advice to give to someone else who was thinking of becoming an entrepreneur, what would that be?
Follow your dream. Realize things don’t happen overnight. Find a mentor.
9) What did you have to overcome personally to be able to do what you do?
I became a student of relationships. I read books, took classes, and found worthy resources. We had so many struggles after bringing together two ready-made families. Our blended family faced many highs and lows as we evolved into feeling like family. Love is more than a feeling. It is a decision that is made daily; maybe hour-by-hour. Emotions are fickle. Don’t trust them.
10) Any last parting words?
God has a purpose for every one of His kids. Lean into His word and let Him lead you into today and tomorrow. The past does not limit the successes you can have today.
Maxine Marsolini is an author of family helps books. She’s a life coach, founder of Rebuilding Families, and co-host of KRVR The River blog talk radio.