100 Calorie Snacks*
Grab-n-Go Healthy Snacks!
|* Cheese and tomato. One portion (size of two AA batteries) of natural cheese such as cheddar or Monterey Jack with one sliced tomato.
* Endive and tuna salad. One endive leaf with one tablespoon tuna salad, prepared with hummus in place of mayonnaise. Mediterranean Delights makes delicious, organic, low-fat hummus in flavors like tomato basil, and low-glycemic endive makes a handy container for the tuna salad.
* 3 oz. mixed nuts (a small handful)
* 10 almonds and celery stick
* 29 pistachios
* 12 cashews
* 20 peanuts
* 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
* 4 Brazil nuts. Great for getting your selenium!
* 1/2 sliced apple and 3 walnuts
* 1/2 apple with 2 tsp natural peanut batter. Make sure it’s all-natural peanut butter: just peanuts and salt.
|* 1/2 cup fresh strawberries with 2 tbsp. light whipped topping
* 1 cup fresh cherries
* 1 medium apple
* 1/2 cup blueberries (high glycemic) or strawberries (lower glycemic) with a dollop of yogurt
* 1 orange
* 1 pear
* 1/2 peach with 2 tbsp. yogurt
* 2 cups raspberries
* 30 raisins
* Fresh veggie mix. 1 cup broccoli, red pepper, cauliflower with 1 tbsp. low-fat ranch dressing.
* 6 pieces basic, sliced tomato, and hummus
* Herbal lentils and one tomato
* Celery sticks with 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter
* 1 cup fresh spinach salad with olives
* 1/4 cup egg salad with lettuce or endive
* Half small avocado
* Cauliflower (size of paperback)
* 1 cup tomato and cucumber soup
* 1/2 cup guacamole. Combine avocado, tomato, lime juice, and hot pepper to taste.
* Basic, tomato, and hummus (1 tomato)
* Grilled Portobello mushroom sprinkled with cheese
* 5 cherry tomatoes with one portion cheddar cheese (size of two AA batteries)
|* 1/2 cup endive and cottage cheese spread. In a food processor or blender, mix cottage cheese, red pepper, fresh parsley, chives, and chopped jalapeno. Spread on endive.
* Eggplant pizza slice. Sprinkle a slice of eggplant with oregano and roast. Melt cheese on top.
* 1 cup vegetarian chili
* 1/2 cup edamame (soybeans)
* Half red bell pepper dipped in 3 tbsp. hummus
* 1/2 cup cucumber slices
* 1 large dill pickle
* 1 Carrabolla (starfruit)
* 2 cups baby carrots
* 3 celery sticks with 1 tsp natural peanut butter
* 1/2 cup hummus and avocado dip with 3 celery stalks
* 1 cup mashed lentils and tomato
* Vegetables and dip. Choose either 1/2 cup cucumber slices, 6 celery sticks, 6 slices red pepper, or 1/2 cup raw broccoli florets and dip into 2 oz. fat-free, sugar-free ranch dressing.
* 1 cup bean and chickpea salad. Toss diced celery, green pepper, cooked red beans, cooked chickpeas, and fresh parsley together with a low-calorie balsamic vinaigrette.
* 1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese and 1/2 medium tomato
* Yogurt with 1/4 cup berries. Yoplait Light plain yogurt is a great choice.
* 1 Yoplait Light Smoothie
* 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese with 5 strawberries
|* 1 serving of string cheese
* 3 oz. frozen nonfat yogurt
* 1 square 70% or higher dark chocolate with 5 almonds
* 1 whole deviled egg. Cut a hard-boiled egg in half, mix the yolk with hummus, and fill the egg.
* 1 cup of soup (cream of tomato, cream of chicken, chicken noodle, or vegetable)
* 1 slick Wasa crispbread with 1 oz. smoked salmon
* 1 slice whole grain bread (such as Fiber for Life) with 2 oz. fat-free turkey breast
* 1/2 cup couscous with celery sticks
* 4 slices Melba toast
* 1 slice Wasa crispbread and 1/2 sliced tomato
|Once you’ve reached a healthy weight, you can add these to the list as well:
* 1 cup fresh mango
* 1 cup cantaloupe
* 1 medium banana
* 28 grapes
*Borrowed from Take Shape for Life – Optavia program