She had a jerk for a husband, when he railed on soldiers against King David, she saved the town by turning a soft answer and baking a feast! Want to know more?
1 Samuel 25 New International Version (NIV) <–Click here to read the story.
- Would you step above authority to do what is right? What do you consider worthy of going over the head of someone in authority above you?
- Are your words kind? Kind enough to stop a war or unkind enough to cause the war?
- Where does real beauty come from?
- How can you better represent beauty and strength in your life?
- What characteristics do you see in Abigail that are lacking in your life? What can yo do to acquire them?
- What strengths in Abigail do you see in yourself that could be polished?
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.”
Is there someone in your life that makes you too often react rather than respond and you spew grievous words? How has that worked for you?
Since we can only control ourselves, what changes can you make in you that might defuse that situation?
What examples of cruel or mean words do you see in the world that could be managed better?
Plan ahead your soft answer or how you’ll handle a tough situation prior to being in the situation. What would that look like?
When we shine, we illuminate the way for others! Where is your light shining?