Challenge your thinking
One of the steps to challenging your thinking is to follow the thought to its core.
Ask Why and What if?
- I don’t like doctor visits. Why?
- Because every time I’ve taken someone to the doctor, it’s bad news. Why?
- I’m afraid they’ll find something bad. Why?
- I’m overweight and know better. Why?
- I prefer to ‘allow’ myself this one flaw. Why?
- I don’t have time to take care of me while I’m taking care of everyone else.
- What if I decide that I’m worthy of being taken care of so that I can take care of others?
- What if they learn by example rather than words?
- What if I take back my power and get healthy?
- Perhaps these steps will end my fear based visits to the doctor. Then give myself credit for actually being capable enough to handle whatever comes at me…I’ve proven it in the past, why wouldn’t I do it again?
Do you see how finding the core of the problem can help you move toward the solution?
What restraints hold you back? Follow them and take your power back.