Why own an at-home-business? Let’s face it, without being sexist, women are multi-taskers who keep their world of influences running. I started to say running smoothly, but that’s not true all the time. That’s our goal, but most days I’m a crisis manager. I strive to be prepared in such a way to avoid unexpected calamity, but sometimes the ‘un’ part makes the expected difficult.
This Video will cover the items below and help you decide if this is a good plan for you!
Some of the advantages of working at home are:
- Flexible work hours.
- No commute. (Recovered gas money in the budget.)
- Time to prepare healthier meals.
- During work breaks I can run a load of laundry or dishes and vacuum (which means when the work day is done, so are the household chores.)
- Children don’t need to be enrolled in day-care, and schedules can be adjusted to accommodate sports and carpooling.
- We made the choice to home-school our children, which meant we knew what they were learning.
- We could adjust our schedule to accommodate a special event, and we often traveled to see history first-hand during the less busy times of the year.
- Save money on work clothes and maintenance.
- You control your workload and only answer to clients.
- You can pre-plan most jobs, work ahead and take time away.
- Tax write-offs
- We were able to be involved in several community service needs because we had more free time and energy: senior center, food shelter, coaching, etc.
- By example, our children learned how to be entrepreneurs. As adults, this training has allowed them to be an employer or an employee by their choice rather than by need.
All things to think about! Our Take Charge Tuesday newsletters and On Demand Classes will help you fill in the gaps from having an idea to making a profit! Sign up today to Build Your Own Opportunities!
All these questions and more will be answered in the newsletters and video classes!